Drone shot of farmland
Harvesting Sunshine in the Buckeye State
The project represents an estimated $320M investment that will create more than 300 local jobs at peak construction. It will create an estimated 12 to 14 full-time jobs during operation. The project will contribute millions in local tax revenue over its 30+ year lifetime.
ACCIONA’s team is committed to using local businesses and services providers when possible during construction and operation.
An independent consultant performed an analysis of the economic impact the project will bring to Union County. A summary of that report can be found below.
Local Benefits of Solar Energy
- A boost in tax revenue without an increased demand on local services like police and schools
- Local job creation and support of local businesses
- Local partnership opportunities. Each ACCIONA project includes a social impact management program dedicated to advancing education, wellness or environmental stewardship
- Location: Union County, Ohio
- Capacity: 325 MW PV
- Technology: Solar panels affixed to solar trackers
- Local Permitting: 2020-2021
- Construction: 2022-2023
- Begin Operations: 2023
- Owners: ACCIONA
Email us to learn how you can support bringing this investment to Union County.
- Key project in a portfolio of solar farms being developed in a relationship between ACCIONA and Tenaska
- Site will feature solar panels, affixed to solar trackers that maximize production throughout the day
- Estimated to generate millions in local tax revenue over the life of the project, while offering income diversity to the landowners participating in the solar farm
- More than 300 new local jobs during peak construction and an estimated 12 to 14 long-term, full-time jobs once operational
new direct jobs
LEARN MORE ABOUT ACCIONA'S COMMITMENT TO OUR NEIGHBORING COMMUNITIES FROM A RECENT PROJECT IN TEXAS AND HOW SOLAR PANELS GENERATE ELECTRICITY
ACCIONA, a company committed to the community (Palmas Altas Wind Farm, Texas, USA)
Solar innovation in the Atacama Desert
DO YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE UNION COUNTY SOLAR PROJECT?
web-based virtual meeting
On October 6, 2020, ACCIONA held a virtual public information meeting to share information about the proposed project and answer questions from the community.
On December 10, 2020, ACCIONA held a second virtual informational meeting to answer questions about the proposed project.
Click below to view a recording of these meetings.
PUBLIC INFORMATION MEETINGS - OCT. 6, 2020 AND DEC. 20, 2020
First Union Country - Virtual Public Meeting
Second Union Country - Virtual Public Meeting
List of documents available for download
OHIO POWER SITING BOARD DOCKET
The Ohio docket can be found in the following link.
How a large-scale photovoltaic plant is built in record time
A solar-panel complex was completed a few months ago in the Sonoran Desert in Mexico. From a bird's-eye view, the Puerto Libertad photovoltaic plant looks like a large glass lake. Together, the panels are able to generate clean energy